Reflect on how your personal learning network has changed and grown during the course of this workshop. Discuss your plans for how you plan to continue to grow your learning network and how you hope to contribute to the professional learning of your administrative colleagues.
When I first started this course I really only used social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to keep up with things going on. I feel that since taking this class my personal learning network has grown. I now know how to use my RSS feed, I am blogging, using Twitter for more than just entertianment news, and will try to use the podcasting for classroom instruction and for sharing information amongst collegues, parents, and students. Since I am not in an adminstrative role right now I will not be able to contribute in the professional learning of the adminstrators in my district but, I will be able to share some of these tools with the administrators in my building to help with information sharing.
Don't sell yourself short, Tina! ;) Just sharing with your admins the podcasts you create for your class and colleagues will probably go a long way to get your admins on board for using the tool themselves. I hope to do the same with my principal because I am sure she will not want me to be the only one making podcasts to post on the school website.
ReplyDeleteI've enjoyed learning with you this summer! Please check out my posts on PLN I've added to my blog:
tinkertells.blogspot.com
and follow me on Twitter @rtinkerap. I'll do the same for you!